Friday, February 27, 2009

9 Days Old

So we have been home one week now. We are adjusting to life as we know it on Perri's terms. You can try and plan out your day or night, but in the end we have all learned who the boss is. She is a very good baby, but when she decides it is time to eat - it is time to eat. There is no swing, bouncy chair or pacifier that can convince her otherwise. She sleeps very good at night, and as long as she has fed good thru the day we let her go one 4 hour stretch at night. During the day we stick to 2 to 2.5 hours before we wake her or offer her food. Breastfeeding is going well, just time consuming and I feel like I can't get enough to eat ever. I by far eat now more than I ever did pregnant, but am down to within 6 lbs of my original weight already. Our friends and family have been so great helping us with just about everything, we are very blessed. We can't say how much we appreciate it. We have been taking pictures like crazy and going crazy putting them on the blog, but don't want to miss one moment as she is getting so big already. Travis goes back to work this coming week and I am going to miss him like crazy. He does diaper duty and changes her clothes, along with the regular house stuff. My sister is coming on Wednesday with just her youngest I think so will put her to work since she is used to 5 kiddos. I really don't know how she does it. I always wondered, but now I know she has to be the toughest person I have ever met. Anyways, it was long, but more to come soon.




















3 comments:

  1. She is changing so quickly. Glad to hear that she is sleeping more at night for you. Wish we were close enough to help our more. Love and miss you all. Love Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! She is so cute in all those pics. Can't wait to see her at home! Lots of love to all and take care. Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy-- This is Becky! I just finally found out you and Travis have this blog.. I went back and read all your posts. So So glad everything went to well for you. Perri is gorgeous! and you looked great prego! :) Hope everything continues to go as smoothly as it sounds like it has been so far!

    Play dates with Emma soon??!!!

    Love and Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete