Monday, February 16, 2009
The Waiting Game
So we go into the hospital Tuesday night, we have to be there by 7:30 pm. They will do an insert that will soften my cervix and then start pitocin Wednesday morning. They told me to eat before I come in because I won't be able to eat or drink again until after she is here. Travis is working all day today and a half day tomorrow leaving me home alone with too much free time all by myself. The house is clean and ready, we are packed and ready, so just leaves me to wait for the time to tick by. We are both nervous, but very ready to meet Miss Perri. I do have to run to Walmart to get a few items that we want to have when we get home from the hospital, but that won't take all day. Maybe it will make me tired enough I can take a nap this afternoon. My sister is planning on getting here, kid free to be there for both Travis and I as I worry about him fainting, although he says he won't. I feel bad for both of them because KU's accomodations for the two people you can have in your labor room sometimes don't even get chairs, let alone a place to rest. So hope they don't get to worn out. Literally the room is as big as our master bedroom closet. Being at the hospital at all makes my mom too nervous, so she is just going to wait for a phone call. Travis's parents are going to come Sunday, once we are home and stay for a couple of days. At least that it what the plans were, but they have changed frequently. Anyways, we will update the blog as soon as we can, but will be sending out lots of text messages as well. Hopefully induction goes well and she is at least here sometime on Wednesday, Feb. 18. Wish me luck, hope I am tough enough to do this, not that I have much of a choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck Betsy! You will do great! I cannot wait to see pics of little Miss Perri! You and Travis are going to make wonderful parents!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Amy
Sounds like you have everything in order! Good luck and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking of you tomorrow. You will do great!!
ReplyDelete