Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Our World As We Know It
So many things have been happening here in KC, the most significant and hardest is the fact I have gone back to work. Perri has been to daycare 2 afternoons now and we are all still adjusting. We have found someone that will take her 3 afternoons a week. I am learning to go on less sleep now that I am back working full-time nights. I am actually functioning pretty well on 4-5 hours a sleep per day. The sad news about going back to work is that Perri won't nurse anymore and she actually prefers Travis put her to bed. I was so worried he would have trouble, that we started having him give her the bedtime bottle early on and put her down to sleep so much, she really does prefer him. At this point, I am still pumping and then we bottle her, but it is wearing on me especially at work and I am actually sad she won't nurse anymore. She smiles all the time now, which we both just love and she will put her lower lip out and we both agree she gets whatever she wants when she does that. We got to see my Aunt Kristy this weekend for a a little while before she had to fly to Washington D.C. which was really great. I look forward to a visit again in June with her and her kids. Other than that, we are both just working and enjoying Perri. I can't believe she will almost be 3 months old. The time has flown by! I won an award at work so we are all going to New Orleans, LA later this month because of it. So it means lots of lists and planning for us. We are looking forward to the weather staying nice so we can get out on the pontoon boat soon. We found a new infant designed life jacket that we are excited about for Perri. Well, that was a lot, but promise to post again soon. This week we look forward to my Mom's birthday and Mother's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on the award! That's exciting everyone will go to Louisiana. Perri definitely looks like an adorable Wagner baby.
ReplyDeleteBetsy, congratulations! That's very exciting and pretty darn amazing for a brand new mom to be winning awards at WORK! You're pretty inspirational! Can't wait to see Perri again, she's so darn cute! I think we're planning a mini-vacation trip to K.C. for this summer (gotta love teachers schedules!) so hopefully we'll see you then!
ReplyDelete- Tara
Love the double, or is it a triple chin! Very cute picture of Perri. What award did you win? Congratulations regardless!
ReplyDeleteKristy