Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Orleans

So we survived our trip to New Orleans, I don't think I could of asked for a better baby or husband to say the least. Besides, having to pump in the airport, Perri pooping as soon as the plane took off, and having my baby out until 11pm down by bourbon street, everything went really well. New Orleans is really a neat town, now I am not going to say that Travis and I wouldn't of done things a little differently if Perri hadn't been there, because we probably would of. The conference was very good, I learned a lot and met a lot of nurses who have really paved the way for critical care nurses today. We ate good food, saw a few sights, sat by the pool and relaxed, and I even stayed out late a few nights to have drinks with the rest of the KU nurses who came while Travis took Perri back to the hotel for a bath and bedtime. I made sure he had plenty of beer in the hotel fridge. The neat thing about the American association of critical care nurses is that the president for the past year is from KU and 5 people from KU were picked from submitting abstracts to actually teach a session at this conference. So we got a lot of recognition which is neat. Here are a few photos.



























No comments:

Post a Comment