1. Tell her the pacifier fairy was coming, draw pictures for the fairy, pack of pacifiers, etc.
2. Cut holes in the pacifier so she doesn't get the same sucking effect
3. Slowly cut off piece by piece of the pacifier nipple until it is gone
4. Take it away Cold Turkey
5. We decided on, letting her have it for naps/bedtime for awhile and then get rid of it completely

So many times Travis is the one who gets Perri ready for daycare because I have to be at work early. We decided he would always if possible shoot me a text or email with how her morning was, drop off at daycare, he got to work, the days plans, etc.
So I am going to post a couple of emails that I got from him about Perri and her pacifier. I know this isn't a regular post about what we have been up too, but this is our life right now :)
11/9/10 at 8:17am
After she finished her milk she kept saying “where did it go?” and I knew what she was looking for. I tried to distract her and she got down. Next thing I know she was upstairs and got it out of her crib. We had a talk about being a big girl and that she only gets it at night-night or naps. I asked her to spit it out in the crib and tell it bye-bye and I thought she was going to, but then came the “I don’t want to” Finally I had to take it from her, she told it bye-bye but still had a short melt down. Took her downstairs and was mostly all good. The drive and drop off was good. Hope the morning is going alright for you.
11/17/10 at 8:24 am
So, when I went in there she was standing and I turned off here humidifier and turned on the light to change her, she began looking for passy. She couldn’t find it and somehow she automatically new that there was another one on the shelf. She kept saying “I want that” and pointing to shelf. So I told her she could have it while we changed. Once we got dressed I said to spit passy in the crib and she said “no” but I told her that we don’t use passy outside the crib and she leaned over and spit it out. But thought it was funny how she knew where the back up one was right away when she couldn’t find the one she had when she was in bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment